Sunday, April 30, 2006

Two Lights - writing contest - I won second place!

I am so excited. I had never entered any kind of online or otherwise writing contest before last week. But when I read about the "Two Lights" short fiction contest, I knew I wanted to enter it. At the time, there were only five other entries in, so I looked at the photo (two lamps on a table in a hallway) and I tried to think of different representations of the lights and started writing. Then I sent off the story.

The winners
were to be posted on Friday. I was hoping to at least make some kind of honorable mention but there were so many good stories, I almost doubted that. Yet, I hoped. But, I was leaving for my conference and I did not take my laptop. (I kicked myself all Friday and Saturday for not taking it.)

Imagine my surprise when I returned and ran to log on and saw my name as the Second-place winner! I literally screamed!

I had a great weekend.

And thank you, all of you who read my story and sent me such nice comments. I appreciate that. You made my day! You really did.

Esther

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm still beaming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:49 PM

    Always and forever are words spoken by you to me once upon a time. Do you know who I am?

    I am sorry your mom is ill. I always liked her very much. I love the pics of the girls. I have missed them alot. I have really missed you most of all. You said I got it bad. Sad part is I will never lose it. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time.... sounds like a fairytale.

    ReplyDelete