Sunday, February 26, 2006

Very Busy Weekend

Have you ever heard of Melissa Borders Stevenson?

I met her on Saturday. She had the most amazing one-woman show I've ever seen.

I went to a really nice luncheon (perks of being a member of the press -- enjoyed chicken crepes and a spinach salad) and stayed for a presentation by Mrs. Stevenson.

She portrays women in history. The women selected for Saturday's performance were Eleanor Roosevelt, Julia Morgan, Charlie Parkhurst and Harriet Tubman.

I had heard of Roosevelt and Tubman - those were obvious. But shame on me for not knowing who Morgan and Parkhurst were. (I did look it up before I attended but prior to getting the assignment, I did not know who they were.)

I'd love to talk more about it but I will wait until my story runs (next Friday) and then I can come back and tell you more.

If you ever hear of Stevenson performing anywhere near your town -- by all means, do yourself a favor and attend. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment