Sunday, July 06, 2008

Escaping into a different world

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reading. It's an escape for me. It's how I survived for so many years. I love to read.



With a three-day weekend on my hands, it was the perfect time to escape again. And I certainly did. I picked up a book Friday evening - this time "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" and I just finished it earlier this morning. That's how I read. Once I start reading, I can't put books down....if I get into them and this one I certainly did. it truely was heartwrenching and mesmerizing - especially since I myself have a Down Syndrome little girl.

I'd much rather read than watch a movie. In fact, I'm always disappointed when I see a movie made from a book. The book is always so much better.

As to escaping..... I needed it. That's all I will say for now. Someday when I am ready, I will share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment