Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Long time, no write - too busy traveling

So much has happened this year and I have not written in my blog much - my apologies to myself as much as to others for that. Let's see if I can catch people up.....

January - I lost my dream job. Odd that I call it that. But to me, it was. I loved writing for my home paper and still miss it alot. But, like dozens of others who have been laid off from the newspaper business, I had no choice but to move on. I chose to do so by traveling.
Jennifer and Richard
Mardi Gras Festival - near Louisiana

Marisa in Mississippi





Marisa in Alabama
@ Hardees - Meridian, Mississippi
Marisa-Esther-Jennifer
Had never seen/been to one


February - Mississippi and Alabama - Spent Valentines Day in Mississippi. I loved the area. A whole week in Mississippi, Alabama (including a drive to Cuba, AL) and Louisiana. It was fun. I remember stopping in Alabama and seeing a little red-headed, freckled-face, bare-footed boy riding his bicycle down a narrow road. A brown dog ran after him. I loved it. So Norman Rockwell like. 






March 2009 - Ten days in New York City







March - Spring Break with my daughter Catherine in New York City. I finally had a dream come true - I ice skated in Central Park - a dream of mine since I was in 7th grade. (and saw it on "Love Story")
April - San Francisco - 4-day band trip with Jennifer.

Marisa at Disney's
California Adventure
May - Disneyland & California Adventure

Catherine at Forks, Washington
"Twilight Tour"
June - Pacific NW - following and writing about the Fabulous Studio Band (Seattle and in Everett, WA) With side trips to Whidbey Island The San Juan Islands is one of my favorite all-time places. Forks and Port Angeles in Washington and the "Twilight Tour."


Richard and Jennifer
Atlantic Beach, NC




July - I am currently writing this from North Carolina - where I am spending a week with Jennifer at Cherry Point MCAS - Havelock, NC

I really love this area. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. The Outerbanks - absolutely breathtaking. We went to the aquarium and took a small charter boat to see the wild mustangs and collect shells at Shackleford Banks - something I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. With the way our economy is, it seems as if everyone's being laid-off. My brother had 23 years in at Ford Motor Company when they handed him a box. It took a year for him to get another job in engineering.

    On a different note, I enjoyed reading your flash fiction piece at Jason's. Nice job with the symbolism and juxtaposition of colors. You're absolutely correct, anyone who participates in Clarity of Night is a winner.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, JR. I certainly enjoyed reading all of the entries.
    On a professional level here, I've been enjoying time with my family , have been freelancing for a couple of newspapers and was offered a weekly column in a local paper - I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete