Saturday, September 29, 2007

September Skies

September -- my favorite time of the year - weather starts changing, school starts, and its my birthday! And though I'm not big on birthdays, I do love the day.


So far my birthday weekend has been full of surprises - from a group of first-graders serenading me with songs, to white roses - my favorite - and 40-plus of them! Aren't they absolutely gorgeous? I love them! They look beautiful and they smell great.

Yes, I'll be 50 in a few years. But I love it. I don't feel my age - I'm always writing, working, attending sports, bands, concerts or club events - or doing something fun with my family, that I don't have time to feel older. But, if I could have the perfect birthday weekend, it would include writing! There is nothing I would like more than to have an entire weekend to write. Not newspaper or magazine articles, I write plenty of those all the time - in fact, I am still working on an entire series for the Women in Business local newspaper-magazine tab. Today my "Living Here" tab published - a series of stories about Porterville and the surrounding communities.
I love my work, but I want to get back to my short stories and novel. Two years ago I participated in Nanowrimo for the first time, and I loved it. It really kicked off my 1930's era novel.

November is National Novel Writing Month. Even though it is it still a month away, I can't help but get excited over it. I'm not sure if I will participate - a lot of it depends on what family activities are happening that month.

1 comment: