Saturday, September 29, 2007

Moon River

Moon River -- I can't play the song without crying - I don't know why. I love this song. It is so beautiful. And as of recently, I have been playing it daily - along with hundreds of other favorites.

I got a new phonograph player for my birthday! I love this thing. I have a couple of record players, part of complete stereo systems, but they were so bulky and took up so much space, I finally stored them. But this little baby, is all inclusive - and looks great.

I am having the time of my life playing all my music. The very first LP I played was Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major.

I am currently playing Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons as I write. Life is good.

Yes, I kept most of my LPs and have hundreds of them - everything from classical and opera to jazz, Broadway and big band, and from oldies to rock. My kids laugh every time I play Donny Osmond LPs - my favorite in the early 70s.

Here are just a few of the classical and big band albums in my collection. I also have hundreds of 45-rpm records.

"Moon River"

music by Henry Mancini, lyrics by Johnny Mercer

"Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me."

No comments:

Post a Comment