Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Nothing like checking out the backyard

I've been very busy the past two months - writing. I don't even know how many stories I've written.I wrote a batch of stories for our local museum (at least 10) I had a lot of fun writing them and learned alot. Here is one story about the Yokut Indians and reed boats.

Then our Tulare County Fair came into town and I covered the fair daily - two days stand out for me - Physics Day (students rode the carnival rides with intention of collecting data to use in graphs) - and Auction day for 4-H and FFA students - always one of my favorite events - It is what the fair was all about. It was not about rides and hundreds of commercial exhibitors.

But that wasn't all - I have also been writing stories about our surrounding communities for our "Living Here" tab magazine.

My home town - Porterville - is the gateway and headquarters to Sequoia National Forest and Giant Sequoia National Monument - it's absolutely breath taking.

I loved working on the "Living Here" stories - I was reminded how great my area of the world is.


Click here for cam


These trees are huge! Can you spot the people next to the trees?

Sequoia National Forest
1839 South Newcomb Street
Porterville, CA 93257
559-784-1500


Living Here: Porterville - Visalia - Springville - Tulare - Exeter - Lindsay - Tulare County
(I will place links to my stories after the "Living Here" tab is published on 9/30)

No comments:

Post a Comment