Friday, June 23, 2006

New York Bound

I think I am finally getting excited about my upcoming trip to New York. I leave in four days! I haven't started packing yet and probably won't until Monday.

(By the way - I mentioned this on my AW site, for any of you regular readers) -- If you live in or near the New York area and would like to catch a wonderful "Salute to New York" concert by the Porterville Panther Band, email me and I can have the band director send you a couple of -- or how ever many you need -- tickets. The concert will be at 8 p.m. Friday, June 30 at Lincoln Center, New York City -- so LET me know!

Last night I attended a Panther Band meeting to go over all of the last minute instructions (and to write about it for the newspaper) I got to play with my new toy -- a Pentax SLR digital -- it set me back almost $1,000 but I figured it will really help with photos.

I have been taking more and more pictures for my newspaper stories and now that I am getting paid for them by two newspapers, I really can justify spending the money. It's an investment. That's what I keep telling myself. :)

I had fun playing with the camera. This is one of the photos -- taken from my front porch. I love the clarity of the detail around my neighborhood. I had not noticed the street sign until I saw the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment