Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday: January 23: AW Monday Meme #6

I just realized that I never did last Monday's (1/23) Meme. Shame on me. Well, better late than never. Here it is.

AW Monday Meme #6
Recipe Meme

Open your refrigerator. What is the first item on the left at the front of the 'fridge on the top shelf.

Open the food cupboard closest to the stove. What is the first food item on the right on the bottom shelf (you may go up a shelf if your bottom shelf holds pet food or non-food stuff)

Find online or create for us from your imagination, a recipe using those two things as primary ingredients.


OK - I found I had two grilled chicken breasts on the top shelf to the left. And, the cupboard closest to my stove (which normally only holds spices and cans of kitty food) ended up having a jar of peanut butter. I knew instantly what I could make (mole) but I googled anyway. And I was shocked. I found one site that had 225 recipes calling for chicken and peanut butter as the main ingredients.

You can find this recipe: HERE

CHICKEN SATAY

2 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
Marinade:
6 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tsp. coriander
4 tsp. light brown sugar
1 tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. shoyu
4 tsp. ginger, chopped
2 tbsp. lime juice
6 tbsp. oil
1/4 c. fresh coriander, chopped (for garnish)
Mix marinade ingredients. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-2 inch cubes. Add to mixture and marinate at least two hours.
Chicken Satay:
Thread chicken pieces onto one end of satay sticks. Broil or much better, barbecue, baste with marinade. Serve with peanut sauce for dipping.
Peanut Sauce:
1 c. chunky peanut butter
1-2 tsp. hot chili sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 c. shoyu
1/2 c. peanut oil
Mix ingredients together. Should have a sweet/hot peanut flavor. Taste and adjust ingredients accordingly.
Submitted by: Laura Bryan

So, there you have it. Next time I want to say "There is nothing to eat" -- I'll look at my available ingredients and then google a recipe and viola! I'll come up with a creation that will fascinate my family. Thanks Dawno!



No comments:

Post a Comment