Friday, March 17, 2017

March Madness 101


If you landed on this page because you googled "March Madness 101" -- please note - you might as well go away right now - you won't learn a single thing here. I hardly know what it is myself, so there is no way I can tell you anything worthwhile.

So why am I writing about it? Because I was trying to figure it out. I, too, googled "March Madness 101" and all it got me were tips on brackets. (Like I know how that works.) I also googled "How long is March Madness?" -- mainly trying to figure out how long I have to stay away from someone who loves March Madness - in order to let the certain someone enjoy the games. Turns out it is April 3. APRIL???? Aye aye aye.

I remember now. I have another close friend who loved March Madness. We used to hang out a lot all the time - except when March came along. Then, he was like, "leave me alone - I don't want to do anything or go anywhere" So I knew, every year, he was off limits through the month of March.

Ok - back to the current. April 3? That's so far away. Superbowl is only one Sunday. World Series is only two weeks. This thing is 3-weeks long!

I guess I should be thankful - afterall, World Cup runs for 32 days.

It's ok. I love baseball. Come October, I am the same way. Go away. Leave me alone. I've got a game to catch.

No comments: