Sunday, March 11, 2012

"I don't know anything about you."

I've always been electronically-challenged. I occasionally need help if my wii game console gets unplugged and I have never figured out how how to program the living room police scanner.

I only recently learned how to turn on my bedroom television without help - and only because my daughter printed step-by-step instructions. I still struggle with the main television in the house - too many remotes - surround-sound system, etc.) I prefer to escape to my little private room and watch my "simple" television.

On the plus side, I have had a blog for years and I am immersed in social media - Facebook and Twitter - at home and work. I've also had an iPhone for years (Blackberry prior.)

But just when I thought I was getting the upper hand on all this, something new came along - for me, anyway. My new work iPhone 4S.

We (news reporters) got them last Tuesday - but I hadn't actually done much with it. I sent one text to a colleague on day one and that was it. On Thursday, I "Tweeted" from a school board meeting I was covering. And Thursday night, I finally tested the Siri feature.

This phone talks to you! I knew that from the commercials but never imagined how interesting it really was.

"Can you help me?" I asked it.
"I'd like to but I don't know who you are. In fact, I don't know anything about you," it answered me.

I started laughing.

Smart-alec phone...but I love it.

I'm still waiting for my first call. The phone has never rang.

No comments:

Post a Comment