Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas time is here again....

It's finally happened.
My home is slowly getting transformed into a glistening Christmas home.
I got a big tree up in the entryway - and decorated it all evening/night. (all by myself.)
I got a smaller 5-ft white tree for my daughter's room. She decorated it in blues, pinks, purples and penguins. It's so pretty.
I placed three smaller trees in the dining room, and a small table top tree in Catherine's room. She returns next weekend from UC Santa Barbara. Yay! I'm so excited. I can't wait for her to see our little winter wonderland sparkling home. Marisa's room is too small for a tree (she has the cutest room - at her request, she wanted that room - think half a dorm size) but we are placing green garland around her window. It's lighted, plays Christmas tunes, and she can hang some of her small ornaments from it.
My mantel and piano is also covered in beautiful rustic garland, with silver and gold accents.
My house smells like gingerbread or home-baked apple pie (depending on which candles I light) and I constantly play Christmas music - I am listening to Eugene Ormandy conduct the Philadelphia Orchestra (Glorious Sound of Christmas album) "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" as I write this.

I have always loved decorating my home for Christmas but it has been a few years since I've really gone all out. It kind of stopped in 2003 when Catherine was dying in the hospital and I "lived" there for a couple of weeks - never coming home. (that year we got our tree the day she came home - Christmas Eve.)
Since then, I've decorated but never the same again....though last year I started getting back into the swing of it.

Yes - it's definitely beginning to smell, sparkle, and look a lot like Christmas at my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment