Monday, February 11, 2008

World Ag Expo and a Russian journalist

Rudy Giuliani at World Ag Expo 2007

Click here: For World Ag Expo Live Cam

I always enjoy covering the World Ag Expo. The event attracts thousands of people from all over the world and it is always a very exciting event to cover. Last year I got to meet and write about Rudy Giuliani, the year before it was Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The three-day event starts tomorrow but today was Media Day - a day set aside for the media (we join the World Ag Expo volunteers and exhibitors the day prior to the official opening) - for breakfast. We enjoyed a private, leisure, chauffeured tour of the show grounds.

Media Day is also the perfect opportunity to view the 2008 World Ag Expo before the crowds arrive on Tuesday.

Highlighting the morning was the unveiling of the New Product Center and the Top Ten New Products, the opening of the new Dairy Technology Center and the recognition of the Top Five New Dairy Products. Following a breakfast, the media had an opportunity to talk to exhibitors.

But something else happened. Beside interviewing and story writing, I had the opportunity to meet a journalist from Russia who was looking for a freelance writer to write some ag stories for their magazine. How exciting!

Living in the Central San Joaquin Valley - I have covered the World Ag Expo for several years. And I have been writing about Tulare County's top 10 commodities for several years. I feel confident that I can write the stories we talked about.

It has been a very exciting day and I look forward to covering the World Ag Expo this week - I am writing two stories daily on it.

And, I especially look forward to hearing from the Russian journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment