Friday, February 29, 2008

"Just do it Missy"

"Just do it, Missy!"

I've been trying to get back into my short story and novel writing lately but there is always something to keep me from really getting into it. I do write a little here and there, but not like before....not like the midnight writing nights when I couldn't wait till 11 p.m. so that I could tap away at my computer till 2 or 3 a.m.

I was telling my best friend about it recently and he said, "Just do it, Missy" and to inspire me -- and because I love writing the old-fashion way -- he gifted me with my second beautiful Mont Blanc writing instrument. I love it! So I'm back to writing! Yes! And I feel so excited. I really get into my characters and into my story line - to the point where I think I am really there - in that scene, in that town, in that era.

I will be covering California Music Educators Association -CMEA - music festival all next week. And - after filing my daily story, I will be working on my novel. Once next week is over, I will be writing even more.

"Just do it, Missy!" - Yes, I'm just going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment