Monday, August 14, 2006

Harley Davidson ride

Even with lack of sleep, I've been doing ok and working. In fact, I had stories in three different newspapers this week.

One story was fun -- the class of 1956 was digging up their time capsule and I was there to cover the event. But, it was not there. Bummer. Still, I enjoyed covering the story. (My class of 76 time capsule was also missing)

Another story had to do with a Harley Davidson group having a poker run to raise money for our local sheriff's K9 units. I wrote the pre story and now they want me to cover the actual event.

It's a cool story. BUT -- it gets better. I was invited to ride along (they promised me I wouldn't fall off) at the event -- 120 miles.

Can you imagine? I'm actually not a big motorcycle fan but the thought is intriguing. I may not do the entire ride. They have several stops along the way and I may just take a leg of it.
It sounds scary. I mean, you can't really make a promise like that ("we have some great drivers. we promise you won't fall off.") An accident is an accident. Still, these guys drive these things all the time.

If you had the chance, would you do it? I told them I'd let them know by Friday.

It is times like this that I really love my job. I can't believe I get paid to do things like this. :)

4 comments:

  1. You're going to be a motorcycle mama? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I think I made my decision tonight to not do it. I have three little girls who need me and I'd hate for that to be the day I decide to fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't say no. It would be quite an experience! I'd love to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you on a Harley. But, yes, I ended up turning down the offer. I have too many people who depend on me. I couldn't take a chance on falling off. :)

    ReplyDelete